Our past shapes our present and helps us identify who we are and where we are headed.
So, it’s natural to use our past experiences as a point of reference for our current situation.
The choices we make for ourselves today are often influenced by our past. If we are using healthy judgment to guide our choices, then past regrets, mistakes, and pain are used as markers for what we do not want in our lives. However for some, the past is not seen as a place of reflection but as a destination. For those who struggle with letting go of past pain or regret, they can feel trapped by their situation and unable to move forward in their lives.
Our past experiences can affect our current mindset and our choices in how we interpret our lives.
If pain or trauma has been experienced in our past, it can impact how we view our current circumstances or even prevent us from living in the present.
This workshop is based on the work of John Bradshaw and many others.
About the Workshop
Through the natural course of human development, most children are encouraged or subjected to certain behavioural patterns in their family environment. Childhood trauma and even more serious abuse also occurs and all these can lead to energy blocks. The adult then tries to live life without having fully developed in these areas, causing problems which occur repeatedly in their life and relationships but yet remain unresolved.
This workshop is presented with a great deal of thought and compassion.
Participants reconnect with the under-developed parts of themselves, heal those parts, and in doing so, reach their life’s full potential.
Who should do this workshop?
Anyone who recognises, or is beginning to recognise, that the hurts and the pain of the child we were, will never truly go away until we confront them and acknowledge them, choosing to stop looking to blame, and release the pain from the body and mind. All people need to begin their journey by first doing the inner child work.
Who should consider experiencing this course? Anyone who is negative or feels like a victim!
Warning Signs of Living in the Past:
- Conversations seem to revert back to certain times, certain people, or certain situations.
- You are attracted to, or attract, the same type of people that cause you pain.
- Disagreements often surround past arguments.
- Easily bored or frustrated.
- Comparing your current situation to previous ones.
- Prior trauma or painful events replay in your mind.
- Self-sabotaging behavior.
- Emotional triggers that cause you to think about people or situations from the past.
- Relationships are used to fill a void or to prevent being alone with your thoughts.
- “Waiting for the other shoe to drop” — expecting something bad to happen.
- Feeling anxious or acting impulsively.
- Experiencing regret over impulsive choices.
- All or nothing thinking about new people or new experiences.
- Avoidance of new people or new experiences.
The blocks will never go away until we confront them, release the pain from the body, and acknowledge that we will always carry the child within.
Ileana helps people in crisis as well as those searching for direction, using her training in healing along with her life experiences. This workshop has been put together with a great deal of thought and compassion to help you reconnect, heal and reach your fullest potential.
Most of all, the workshop will help you to find your way from victim to self-empowerment.
Would the Workshop Help Me?
A questionnaire for you:
- Are you unable to stand fully in your personal power for some reason?
- Do you have fear in your life?
- Do you have family entanglements?
- Are there unresolved issues in your childhood?
- Are you looking for love outside yourself?
- Are you angry with yourself or others?
- Do you try to put the past behind you but it seems to keep popping up?
- Do you fight with your partner in a child-like manner?
- Do you feel victimised?
- Do you feel sad without knowing why?
- Do you find yourself acting in a negative way, like one of your own parents at times?
- Are you confused about a lot of things?
- Would you like to learn how to self-parent yourself in a positive manner?
- Would you like to be happy and feel well adjusted?
- Are you frightened at the thought of looking deep within yourself?
- Are you frustrated and don’t think you are good enough?
- Were you abused as a child sexually, emotionally, verbally or spiritually?
- Would you like to give up the pain and find true self love and acceptance?
- Do you keep attracting unsuccessful relationships?
Then you must start from the beginning and this is it!
Recognising the inner child
Looking at family dynamics
Remembering the child
The healing process
Process of integration
Tools for change
Plus a few surprises!
Duration: Tuesday 9:00am – 5:30pm- held bi-monthly
Cost: $99 (ONLINE Only)
Register by sending an email to email@example.com.